Watched the guest speaker for the April General Meeting of the Pleasanton Art League and the Livermore Arts Association, the incredible, Elaine Drew. She shared this game with us, and I thought I would share it with you. If you want to watch her talk, quite informative, check out PAL’s Shop Talk page.
First, write down each of the following. Keep it short.
- Something you overheard.
- Something you said.
- A slogan or saying.
- A question.
- An exclamation or interjection.
Put your answers aside, out of sight.
Second, draw a simple (Use stick figures!) sketch of the following:
- Draw something funny or sad.
- Draw something abstract or surreal.
- Draw a scene from one of your dreams or a fantasies.
- Draw something scary
- Draw something you saw today.
Now, put the phrases from the first activity as captions for each drawing on the second activity!